Licensed Washington Plumber
If you are a Washington Journeyman / Journeywoman Plumber, Residential Specialty Plumber, or Residential Service Plumber, or hold a Washington Training Card and have already begun collecting hours this job posting is for you.
We are not currently accepting applications from people new to the plumbing trade.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing welcomes ambitious team members who appreciate the importance of the Plumbing Profession
Do you love plumbing because you go home each night knowing that your work restored another person’s quality of life?
Are you an efficient, high-performer who desires a six-figure income? Would you prefer to be paid a fair portion of the value of your work instead of a fixed hourly wage that is based on how long you’ve held a plumbing license?
Are you a courteous professional who can earn a customer comment like this for the team’s collection of 1,000+ five-star reviews?
We had an absolutely fantastic experience working with Brian and Cameron from Mr. Rooter. After a few bad experiences with plumbers, it was a relief to work with these guys. They arrived on time, did a quality job and were really nice people on top of it. We will absolutely continue to use them and recommend them going forward, thanks for making our plumbing experience a great one! (Google Review)
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Portland & Vancouver we protect the health of our community through the most professional resolution of water and wastewater system problems. If you bring high character and ambition we invite you to continue your journey in the noble, Plumbing Profession as part of our team.
What Mr. Rooter Plumbing expects of the Washington Licensed Plumber
The primary responsibilities include:
- Follow the Mr. Rooter system to earn trust, diagnose residential plumbing problems, and present multiple options with up-front, flat-rate pricing for customer approval before starting any work.
- Demonstrate technical excellence in residential service plumbing. Mr. Rooter does not perform new construction or heavy commercial work. Our focus is residential service with similar work for light commercial sites. Expect lots of fixtures, water heaters, leak repairs, water services, and re-pipes.
- Embrace a technology-based, data-rich way of work. The one tool used on every job is a networked iPad for customer presentations and for data collection to support self-evaluation and performance coaching.
The ideal candidate brings these attributes and experiences:
- Exemplifies the courteous, professional attributes of the Mr. Rooter brand in every personal interaction. People trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing to help them in their homes during a time of vulnerability and need. We respect and serve all customers with an aim to restore their quality of life, whether their home is a new mansion or an aging trailer. Every job is followed by a customer satisfaction survey, linked to the team member who performed the work.
- Likes to get work done. The Plumbers who do the best in our shop enjoy efficiency. They take personal satisfaction in showing up for a job with a well-stocked truck, solving the homeowner’s problem, and moving on to save the day at the next house without unplanned trips to the supply house or having to come back tomorrow to finish the job.
- Possesses the desire and patience to teach others the trade. Mr. Rooter is committed to developing a new generation of Plumbers who excel in the profession. We invest in our Apprentices with formal classroom training well-above the state requirements and we want each of our WA Licensed Plumbers to continue the hands-on training for an Apprentice regularly riding with them.
How Mr. Rooter Plumbing supports the Washington Licensed Plumber
The WA Licensed Plumber will join a supportive team based out of our Salmon Creek location in North Vancouver, working for a Branch Manager who has served at Mr. Rooter for 7 years and an Operations Director with 18 years at our company. Both are accessible instantly with a phone or video call from the jobsite. In addition to supportive management Mr. Rooter provides the training, equipment, and environment required to succeed:
- Proven history of generating consistent work for our team. Mr. Rooter Plumbing has served Portland & Vancouver for 25 years. Our local team is in the top 5% of all plumbing companies in the nation by size. Today we are turning down work because demand exceeds the capacity of our team. We need more plumbers.
- Jobs close to where you live. We serve throughout Clark and Cowlitz counties in Washington so there are job locations close to home no matter where you live in the greater Portland area. Dispatching from home, instead of the shop, is an option on many days and our Dispatchers make every effort to assign jobs that end your day close to home.
- Sophisticated tools for customer consultations. Networked iPad with presentation and quote building tools. Each van is fully equipped with parts and the specialty tools required to complete work and we maintain a large parts stock in our shop.
Total compensation and benefits include:
- Performance pay based on the value of completed jobs with no pay limit. A plumber who matches the averages of our existing team for job size and conversion rate (% of calls that become sold jobs) can expect the following:
- Journeyman / Residential Specialty taking 10 calls per workweek ~$95,000, 15 calls per workweek ~$140,000
- Residential Service Plumber taking 10 calls per workweek ~$80,000, 15 calls per workweek ~$120,000
- 401K with generous match an immediate vesting. 100% match on the first 3%, 50% on the next 2%.
- Company van/truck that you drive home, fuel card, uniforms and laundry service, phone and iPad
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 6 paid holidays
- Excellent Regence Blue Cross / Blue Shield medical insurance with $6,900 per year paid toward your premium by Mr. Rooter
Apply today to explore whether Mr. Rooter Plumbing is the right place for you to serve in the Plumbing Profession.